Sunday, August 21, 2011

Tutukaka on a gorgeous weekend


I think there is some variation of a rope swing in a Pohutukawa tree on just about every beach in New Zealand.


We went to Tutukaka for the weekend; a tiny dot on the map. Most of these beach pics were taken at nearby Sandy Bay. Yes, I was just showing off with my last post but can you believe I posted it whilst I was standing on the beach – gotta love that technology. I was playing around with the settings on my camera and ended up with a lot of pics...





Sunday morning we took a walk to the [unimpressive] lighthouse. The view definitely made it worthwhile. It was a 40 minute walk either way which got quite steep at the end. Years of dragging the kids along on walks must finally be paying off – they didn't complain once!





We went back to Sandy Bay before heading home. The Poor Knights island group is in the background.


Ava and I at Whangarei Falls on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment