Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Getting to know you


For the Stevens family, the past few days have meant sleeping in, eating, reading, playing, skate boarding and blogging. With the occasional trip to the beach.

And now Steve can say that he has actually read my blog. Of course I had to prompt and prod him for feedback. I think generally he thinks it's 'good'. Why use ten words when one will do? He also said that he's learnt more about me from reading my blog. I quickly suggested that he write a blog so we can really get to know each other. Think of the money we could save on relationship counselling.


A few days ago I confessed to using the DVD player in the car to keep the kids quiet. Of course this has come full circle and they now want to turn it on when we've got a five minute journey to the next suburb. We, being good parents, laid down the law and told them that wasn't going to happen. After some vocal protesting which we firmly ignored, they got the message. Today, after a trip to the library, Steve and I thought it would be nice to stop for a coffee on the way home. More protesting ensued. Again, being the good parents that we are, we let them sit in the car across the road, windows down, looking at books. We enjoyed a quiet coffee.


Note: It wasn't a hot day, the windows were open, and we had a good view of the car across the road from the cafe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment